Lack of financing eh......know that feeling, I needed to come up with an extra $4G to get my 3500 last summer. Went thru and ugly divorce in late 02-03, credit is all f'd up etc. I did get the thing tho.

Whom did you try with? Sometimes a local bank can be better than GMAC, other time GMAC is easier. More down in my case helped with US Bank. A local bank was helpful in refinancing my bobcat and trackhoe into payments a third of the size when going thru the divorce, ie the one with my bus acct etc.

Another option is a lease. There are some folks that will do $1 buyout leases too, so you can deduct like a lease, or as a purchase. Finance rate will be a bit higher this way tho I have used this method for some of my equipment, like the $3-5G mowers I use, my trackhoe as examples.

Are there any used rigs costing less $$$$ outhere?

Not sure what to say, other than hang in there, and try other sources. A letter with how long you have been in business may help, how the truck will help in lowering current costs etc......that helped with my refinance too!

Marty