Gentlemen,

I have noticed a huge increase in the power steering of my '04 duramax. I first noticed it turning around on a gravel road. My truck went from where my grandma could turn the wheel to where now I have to fight it to get the wheels turned to turn around or park in a tight spot. My local GMC dealer's "best man" couldn't find anything wrong with it and said that it was the worn tires and that they were one size larger than stock. I replied that the change happened "over night" not gradually like you would expect a wear of the tires to happen. I've had many trucks and noticed a steering improvement when putting on new tires but never notice a problem steering the rig happen so fast and to first notice it on gravel. The other day I was cruising along through a parking lot and a car started to back out in front of me. I braked and turned to the right and could barely turn the wheel. I just spoke with a manager from another dealer's service dept. and he is going to look into it for me but I'm already starting to feel like I'm getting the run around. Has anyone had a similar steering problem? Any tips? One friend suggested that the ps pump is not working right ie. not putting out enough hydraulic pressure when needed to get the job done.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Mark