PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Works For Me! Video Contest

More Power
04-03-2009, 12:46
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Diesel Owners, Users, Lovers Called on to Share a Story

Diesel Works for Me Video Contest Runs through June 5, 2009

Washington, DC (March 16, 2009) – The Diesel Technology Forum is calling on diesel owners and users nationwide to power up their video cameras and diesel equipment to tell their diesel story. Videos that best put together a personal and creative story of how diesel works in the lives of individual diesel car owners, equipment operators, farmers, truckers, boaters, and other users will be eligible to win one of three $250 gift cards for fuel or merchandise.

“Everyone has a story. At a time when there is so much discussion about new kinds of fuels and alternative technologies, we thought this would be a great time to hear from real Americans about the role that diesel plays in their lives – hence the contest “Diesel Works For Me”, said Allen Schaeffer, Executive Director of the Diesel Technology Forum, the group sponsoring the contest.

Diesel fuel and engine technology are the backbone of our economy and still unmatched in terms of fuel economy, energy efficiency, reliability and performance. Diesel car and pick-up truck owners are especially encouraged to submit entries, especially those who may have bought a diesel instead of another technology.

“There’s almost no end to the kinds of ways that diesel power works for people, so we’re looking forward to seeing many different kinds of stories,” said Schaeffer. “From firefighters and emergency responders, truckers, school bus drivers, boaters and equipment operators, even those who have experienced the benefits of a diesel-powered emergency generators, and maybe a few who have new diesel-fueled airplanes,” Schaeffer continued.

Finalist videos will be posted on the Diesel Technology Forum website (www.dieselforum.org (http://www.dieselforum.org/)) and a winning video will be selected from each of three categories including personal transportation (light-duty cars, pick-up trucks, SUVs); heavy-duty highway vehicles; and off-road engines and equipment (farm, construction equipment, boats, airplanes, etc.).

Complete contest rules including entry information is available at www.dieselforum.org/video (http://www.dieselforum.org/video). Videos should be sent to dieselworksforme@dieselforum.org (dieselworksforme@dieselforum.org) by 5:00pm EDT April 30, 2009.

Mark Rinker
04-05-2009, 15:28
Sounds good...I'll get out the video camera!

Rafedial1
04-05-2009, 22:34
hmmm......:)